University of Minnesota pain fellowship gives trainees with great intellectual environment that is conducive in acquiring knowledge, clinical judgment, skills as well as attitudes that are important for pain management physician.
University of Minnesota Fellowship
The fellowship of the program is co-sponsored by Department of the Anesthesiology, Department of PM and R, Fairview Medical Group as well as Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center. With the numerous training sites that are within the program, students will be exposed to diverse environment of the pain management. The aim of the program is to train leaders in the field of pain medicine and it is being accomplished through advanced skills and knowledge to manage patients in pain at the same time practicing superb patient care. The clinical experience that is being offered in the program varies. The patient population is ranging from children to adults, outpatients to inpatients and others. The fellowship is accredited by the ACGME.
If you are looking for multiple options, have a look at a promising University of Washington radiology fellowship!
Requirements for University of Minnesota Pain Fellowship
Physicians who successfully completed the clinical American Board of the Medical Specialties or also known as ABMS residency in neurology, anesthesiology, rehabilitation, psychiatry or physical medicine and those physicians who are board certified or board eligible are open to apply to the fellowship program.
- Completed application form (print or type in ink)
- Letter of intent: Submit narrative outline why you choose the program including your interests, long and short term career and academic goals, skills, personal strengths, life experience and work experience
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcript of record from United States Schools
- Give 1 transcript of record from every university or college attended. The transcript should provide official class rank from school. For students who attended international schools, they also need to submit their transcript of record. For other language, official English translation of the paper should be attached
- Submit three letters of recommendation from people who can tell about your professional and personal qualifications. It must be put in sealed envelopes together with your application or it can be mailed to the program committee (you can find information about residency letter of recommendation online)
- TOEFL scores are required to international applicants. Submit printed copy of the TOEFL examination scores directly to the program
Note: You need to attach additional sheets as required by the program. All the information that received by the school will be treated as confidential and never be used in discriminatory manner.
You can read more about the requirements for the John Hopkins fellowship program on our website.
The duration of the fellowship is one year. The deadline for the application is September. The program will contact applicants two to three weeks after the set application deadline. They will be notified if they will get an interview. The interview will be scheduled by end of October or in the beginning of the month of November
University of Minnesota is a great school and the good news is that they are offering University of Minnesota fellowship program in pain. You can apply to the program if you want, but see to it that you complies will all the requirements needed.