Do you want to learn of the best fellowship medicine tricks for application? Check out this guide on fellowships medicine and be enlightened of the things to know about it so that you can get started with an excellent one.
How to Prepare for Fellowship Medicine Application
- Prepare to apply and do your homework. You can start asking your mentors, peers and advisors about the strategies used in fellowship application. You can also search for links to prepare for an effective application.
- Communicate with institutional officials, mentors and sponsors. This is also the time to know who are going to write your letters of recommendation as well as to learn about the process for submission. You can also talk with your sponsor for research about what the both of you will do for this fellowship application.
- Plan and manage your time properly. As you know, you may have to take a couple of months in order to come up with an effective fellowship medicine application. Set enough time for it so that you will have time to focus on your application. You should know that you also have to give enough time for the people who will help you, such as your recommenders who are writing your letters of recommendation.
- Draft your proposal for the medical fellowships application. As already said, the application takes a couple of months to complete for an effective one. Therefore, you should be able to create multiple drafts until you come up with the most effective one to use. You should be able to develop specific goals and then ask inputs for the claim before writing the whole proposal.
- Develop your proposal. Make sure to address the specific rationale, hypotheses, measurable results, experimental design and alternative approaches so that you can work on another plan in case the first one does not. Consider ways on how your proposal develops the skills you need, along with the techniques to new collaborators, sponsor lab and experience in presenting your ideas. What are your short- and long-term goals? After, mention ways on how medical fellowships can help you in achieving those goals.
- Ask advice from internal reviewers and sponsors as well as from the faculty that has served on panels. They can provide you with sound and objective advice, too. You should also think like a reviewer and check on the criteria of the program. Then, check if you have met each of the criteria in the proposal. Follow instructions and check if you did before submitting your paper.
- Do not miss the deadline! This is the exact same reason you have to set enough time in developing your papers for fellowships in medicine and checking them for any errors and for completeness.
- Essays, personal statements
- Letters of recommendation
- Letter of intent
- Others, as per program
Timeline for Medical Fellowships
Fellowship Training for July 2016
- June 9, 2015 start of token request submission
- July 15, 2015 application begins
- May 31, 2016 application ends
- July 1, 2016 training begins
Fellowship Training for July 2017
- June 9, 2015 submission of token request
- December 1, 2015 official application start
- May 31, 2016, closing of application
- Training starts July 2017