This University of Maryland sports medicine fellowship is accredited and there is one position available in their board certified in emergency medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, PM, R or internal medicine. The fellowship program started in the year 1997 and they receive full accreditation from the RRC or Residency Review Committee in the year 1998 in their Family Practice program. Students who complete the program can sit for Certificate of the Added Qualification.
Requirements for University of Maryland Sports Medicine Fellowship
It is important to know about the University of Michigan cardiology fellowship or the University of Maryland Sports Medicine Fellowship requirements if you want to apply with them because it is your basis on what documents and other materials you need to submit. Because of the locations of clinics, they program does not offer rotations to people outside the university. For application requirements, here is the list.
- Applicants must need to be ACGME certified or board eligible in Family practice
- Applicants must need to be residency trained in the family medicine
- For international medical graduate students, they should possess J-1 Visa to qualify. Students holding or intending to seek J-1 or F-1 exchange visitor visa in studying in US will be considered as international applicants that is why they need to follow the instructions.
- Non-native English speakers must need to submit their TOEFL score before the committee can start a full review of your application
- Personal statement
- Three letters of reference and one should be come from program director
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical school transcript
- Medical school dean’s letter
- Official copies of levels one, two and three COMLEX or USMLE score
- ECFMG certification ( only applies to graduates of international medical
- Applicants must need to have a very excellent academic credentials to be chosen. Because of the space limitations and the competitiveness in the program, it is required that students should submit their application earlier
Late applications will not be reviewed for the semester, but it will be reviewed on the next semester. Evaluation will begin after all documents are received by the program.
Learn more about the requirements for the University of Miami hematology oncology fellowship here!
University of Maryland Fellowships Timeline
The University of Maryland fellowship program accepts applications from July until September. There will be 2 positions available. (Source: UMARYLAND.EDU)
- August: Primary care sports medicine
- September: Orthopedics
- October: PCSM or primary care sports medicine
- November: Orthopedics
- December: Elective
- January: Research
- February: PCSM
- March: Sports Medicine Medical Sub-specialty
- April: Sports Medicine Surgical or Medical Sub-specialty
- May: Sports medicine Surgical Sub-specialty
- June: PCSM
- July: Elective
The priority deadline for admission for regular student is one November 1, but the regular deadline of admission is one January 20. When it comes to priority deadline for the financial aid, it would be on February. Students seeking for the fellowship program or financial assistance must need to complete all requirements.
If you want other fellowship program, you can try University of Maryland breast imaging fellowship program. It will be your help in continuing your studies or enrolling to a new course. With the program, you can showcase your skills the time you graduate.