Your internal medicine fellowships resume is one of the most crucial elements of your application if you want to stand out among the rest. This is the time to show them what you have and what you can offer to the fellowship. Make sure that you are going to shine by following medical fellowship programs tips and tricks used by the most successful applicants of today.
Internal Medicine Fellowship Resume Writing
For your resume for fellowships in internal medicine, you have to demonstrate and convey a clear message that you are one of the most competitive candidates that deserve to become part of the training. Here is how to nail it!
Complete address: Somewhere on earth
Phone number: 123-456-789
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: To ______
- Specialization in _____
- Excellence and familiarity in treating patients admitted for _____
- Capability in diagnosing ____
- Proficiency in ____
- Commendable skills in _____
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Keen attention to details
- Interest in ______
List down the current jobs you have and each of them followed by your career highlights
Include the schools you attended, each followed by complete school address, degree earned and years attended
- Cellular and molecular biology
- Doppler studies
Tips for Internal Medicine Fellowship Resume: Dos and Don’ts
- Tailor your internal medicine fellowship resume for the school or medical research fellowships you are sending it. In this case, you may want to find a place where to send the application before writing.
- Use a professional format in the above sample.
- Use a good layout for your paper. Avoid using fancy fonts and colorful papers. Make your layout as simple as possible to avoid drawing the attention of the reader to the design rather to the content of your resume.
- Avoid stuffing your resume and make sure every word has the reason to be there. In the work experience section for instance, you don’t have to list all the work experiences you had if they do not have anything to do with the medical fellowship application. Otherwise, the reader might have a hard time digging for information that he or she is looking for, weakening your application and ruining your chances to shine.
- Use a professional font style and size. You can stick with conventional types, including Arial, Times New Roman or Calibri and size 10.5 and 12 sizes.
- Proofread your paper before submitting your resume for internal medicine fellowship. Read it a couple of times in order to ensure that it does not contain any mistakes that might turn off the reader.
Medicine Fellowship Timeline
For complete timeline, check out ERAS.
July application cycle timeline, training starting July 2016
June 9, 2015: Send ERAS fellowship token request when season has started
July 15, 2015: Apply for July application cycle programs
May 31, 2016: ERAS closes
July 1: Training starts
December application cycle for those starting in July 2017
June 9, 2015: Submit ERAS fellowship token request
December 1: Application for December application fellowship program starts
May 31, 2016: ERAS closes
July 2017: Starts the fellowship training