What are the documents required for fellowships medicine? Before applying, you should learn of the complete set of documents needed so that you can complete your fellowship application and present yourself excellently to the committee. Check out this guide that will help you in learning the papers to submit to the fellowship.
Letter of recommendation for fellowship application is one of the most important documents you need to present to the admission board. Keep it short, clear, up to the point and make sure it describes you as effectively as possible!
Medical Fellowship Program: Documents Needed
International medical graduates and US medical graduates submit their documents to the ERAS fellowship office, which serves as the dean’s office for students. The ERAS Fellowships Documents Office is the processing office where to send your application for the medicine fellowships; therefore, you must create an account there and submit your completed documents.
What to Remember in Medical Fellowship Program Submissions
All the paper will take up to five business days for processing in the ERAS portal, starting from the specific date they are uploaded through the site, on the ERAS letter of recommendation portal and on MIDUS.
Remember, no documents you submit for medical fellowship program are saved for next seasons. The office is not also allowed to provide copies of your documents to any third parties. The EFDO is only going to transmit the documents to programs you applied for through the ERAS application.
Medical School Fellowships Documents to MyERAS Application Portal
- MSPE or Medical Student Performance Evaluation may not be required by the fellowship program. This paper evaluates your performance and not providing any prediction or recommendation. Remember, many medical schools will not release this paper to student, so you should contact your medical school to learn of their policies. Do not assign this paper as your letter of recommendation, as you only need to assign it when applying to the program.
- Medical school transcript of records is time sheets or mark sheets to help the program directors learn about the subjects you took up and length you studied every subject. They will also learn how well you performed in the exams. Contact your medical school as soon as possible to request it.
- Medical school fellowships letters of recommendation are also required. They will help the program directors in determining your clinical ability and your skills. Choose your recommenders wisely and consider asking current physicians who are familiar with your work and you.
- Photo is also required. It serves as a memory aid for the directors. Submit one photograph and upload it through the EFDO online service.
- Personal statement for fellowships medicine is also needed. Demonstrate why you are the right candidate and reveal the reasons you want this program as well as how it can help you grow professionally.
Fellowships Medicine Timeline
July 2016 Fellowship
- Start of submitting token request June 9, 2015
- Start of application submission July 15, 2015
- Application ends May 31, 2016
- Start of training July 1, 2016
July 2017 Fellowship
- Start of token request submission, June 9, 2015
- Start of application for the season, December 1, 2015
- End of application, May 31, 2016
- Official fellowship start, July 1, 2017
Follow these tips when applying for medical fellowship program as well as complete the documents for your application.